Terms of Service: Last Updated: December 28, 2015
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Global Retail Insights Network, Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”). By using our website, located at http://thegrinlabs.com/ (“Website”), our mobile app, and/or other services we provide (collectively, “GRIN”), or otherwise accessing the pages of GRIN, you become a user and agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to use the Site or Services. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. Your use of, or participation in, certain Services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will be either listed in this Agreement or will be presented to you for your acceptance when you sign up to use such Services.
This Agreement is subject to change by GRIN in its sole discretion at any time, with or without notice. Your continued use of this Site or the Services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such revisions. Please consult the end of this Agreement to determine when the Agreement was last revised.
Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site and to register for the Services. By registering to the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
Use of Site and Service
As a user of the Site or a user registered to use any of the Services (a “Registered User”), you agree to the following:
- Exclusive Use. Your account is for your personal or professional use only. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that GRIN is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your user names and passwords.
- Geographic Limitations. The Site and Services are intended for use in the United States. You will only use the Services in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, United States export control laws. You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed goods, (ii) identified as a “Specially Designated National”, or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. Registration for, and use of, the Services are void where prohibited. To the extent that the Services are not legal in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Services. The Services may not be used where prohibited by law.
- Information Submitted. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you contribute to the Service; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter “post”) through the Services; and (iii) your interactions with other Registered Users through the Services.
- Reporting of Violations. You will promptly report to GRIN any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, Registered Users.
- No False Information. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to GRIN or to any other user. If information provided to GRIN or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify GRIN of such change.
- No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. If you breach the terms of this subsection and send or post unsolicited bulk email, “spam” or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to GRIN, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay GRIN $50 for each such unsolicited communication you send through the Services.
- Unique and Bona Fide Profile. As a Registered User of the Service, you will create only one unique profile.
- No Harassment of GRIN Employees or Agents. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any GRIN employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
- Ownership of Proprietary Information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that GRIN is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information. GRIN owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
- No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- Other Users’ Information. Other Registered Users may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. You agree that you will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, commercially use, or sell any GRIN or third party proprietary information available via the Services or the Site.
- License to Posted Content. By posting information or content to any profile pages or public area of the Services such as Advice, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to GRIN and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing
Privacy Statement. For information about the collection and possible use of information and material provided by you, please read our Privacy Statement above. By using the Site or the Services, you are consenting to the terms of GRIN’s Privacy Statement.
Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that GRIN may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend GRIN’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
Use of Anonymous Information for Research. By using the Services, you agree to allow GRIN to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences through the Services to continue GRIN’s research and to improve the Services.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors. The Services may contain links to web sites of third-parties, including without limitation, advertisers, which are not under the control of GRIN, and GRIN is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. GRIN provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that GRIN endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site. You agree that GRIN will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information you supply to GRIN with advertisers or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services. Please visit our Privacy Statement to learn more about how we use your information.
Disclaimer of Warranty
- No Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. GRIN PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. GRIN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. GRIN DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
- Third Party Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by GRIN, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. GRIN DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES, OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN GRIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GRIN BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
- Beta Features. From time to time, GRIN may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at GRIN’s sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
Limitation of Liability
- Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL GRIN BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF GRIN KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- No Liability for non-GRIN Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL GRIN BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
- Information Verification. GRIN and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that GRIN and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless GRIN, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of (a) your use of or inability to use the Site or Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. GRIN reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with GRIN in asserting any available defenses.
Complaints / Law Enforcement Contact
To resolve a complaint regarding the Service, you e-mail us at email@example.com
Communication and Privacy
We may use your email address to send you messages notifying you of important changes to the Services or special offers. Further, we may contact you by telephone if you voluntarily provide us with your telephone number, in order to communicate with you regarding the Services.
Term and Termination
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the Agreement by your use of the Site or the Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. Either you or GRIN may terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. GRIN reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion. In the event your access to any of the Services is suspended due to the breach of this Agreement, you agree that all fees then paid to GRIN by you will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due. You may terminate your account by visiting “My Membership” page.
- Cancellation At Any Time. Except as otherwise stated in this section, you may cancel your registration or subscription to any Services at any time during the term of such registration or subscription.GRIN is not responsible for refunding for subscription already purchased.
- General Provisions
- Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that California law (without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles) will govern this Agreement, the Site and the Services and that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Site or the Services will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts in California. You acknowledge and agree that any violation of this Agreement may cause GRIN irreparable harm, and therefore agree that GRIN will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security, in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that GRIN may have for a breach of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement, which you accept upon registration for the Services, the Privacy Statement located on the Site, and any applicable payment, renewal, Additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between you and GRIN regarding the use of this Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and GRIN related to your use of this Site or Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement). The FAQ’s found on the Services are for informational purposes only and are not deemed to be part of this Agreement. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Agreement will survive termination of your registration to the Service. The failure of GRIN to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the Site or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this Site, please notify GRIN at firstname.lastname@example.org as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing: 1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; 2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed; 3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Site; 4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit GRIN to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; 5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and 6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner. The above information must be submitted to GRIN.
- Revision Date. This Agreement was last revised on December 28, 2015.